Sunday, April 10, 2011

Taking the First Step...

Welcome to my Wandering in the Forest blog, which will supplement the websites for my two apps, Geom-e-Tree and Geom-e-Twee, as well as other Apps that may come along.

FIRST OFF..  If you have an idea for how color might be used in either of these apps, please send them to colors@geom-e-tree.com or colors@geom-e-twee.com.  I have some ideas, but I am curious what others think -- do you have an interesting idea, or just some gratuitous use of color that won't add any value to the experience, just color.  Color needs to be related to geometry.  Tree might use color one way, while Twee another.  I'll throw out some of my ideas in a future posting here.

Possible Future Topics

I may go deeper into some of the concepts brought up in the FAQ.

I may explain why I chose the gestures to change the angle and common ratio... and perhaps post some videos of the app that will demonstrate why those design choices make most sense.

I may explain some of the constraints that are on the program (that is, why the tree turns red sometimes).

I may pose more questions or thoughts about the deeper structure of these trees, and the forest of trees.

I may also discuss decisions that go into making an Android and Mac OSX version of Geom-e-Tree.

I may also publish a bit of a road map of future versions of Geom-e-Tree - that is if other developers allow me to develop these apps instead of copying the idea and putting their own versions into the store.  What do you think of that?  You can write to me - john  at geom-e-tree dot com.

To be honest, the first thing I'm going to do is take a break from the months it took to create these apps, the web sites, video, help pages, and so on.  After that break, one of the first things will be to have the help and App store info translated by Oregon Translation into five additional languages.  Then when we have an App update ready, it will be more international.

Comments are enabled, but will be moderated.  Feel free to share your constructive criticism or ideas!  Thanks.  JM

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated.